Are you looking for a new job in Devon or Cornwall? Westcountry Fabrication Ltd are recruiting site fitters!
- Our site fitters work on-site throughout Devon and Cornwall.
- You will be employed on a full time basis, 40 hours a week between 7.30-16.30 Monday to Thursday and 7.30-13.30 on a Friday.
- The job comes with a generous pay package (you tell us what salary you expect, linked to your skills and experience, in your application). Pay is regularly reviewed (at least annually) to recognise skill progression and experience.
- You will work with your site supervisor, customers and the workshop fabrication team, to install structural steel and architectural metalwork.
- The job is diverse and includes domestic, commercial and industrial sites. Installations vary from steel frames for luxury housing to commercial balustrades and feature staircases. Refer to our social media pages for examples of the work we do (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram).Or check our our blogs.
- You will work in a small team and your role will be critical to the success of projects.
- You will mostly work on-site (site locations vary throughout Devon and Cornwall but are often the South Hams, Salcombe, Newton Ferrers, Plymouth, Polzeath, St.Agnes, Exeter, Saltash).
- Use of company van, tools, plant and PPE is provided.
- Paid annual leave, sick leave, pension contribution and ongoing training is provided to all Westcountry Fabrication employees.
- We are an established medium size company of 14 employees, that has grown over the past 10 years. As such you will benefit from a personal and human working environment with an excellent team ethos.
- We would prefer to recruit a full time permanent member of staff. However if you are a strong candidate with alternative employment preferences (e.g. short term contract/ part time) please outline this in your cover letter for consideration.
Is the job for you?
- A good eye for detail and high quality workmanship is essential.
- You must have excellent communication and organisational skills.
- You must demonstrate an exceptional work ethic, take pride in your work, be punctual and reliable.
- A full UK driving license is required.
- MMA (stick welding) competence.
- Experience of site work in a relevant trade (skills are transferrable from other trades so this does not have to be specific to steel fitting, landscaping, other construction trades work might be relevant).
Certificates, knowledge or experience in the following would also be an advantage, although these would also be provided as part of your ongoing training with us:
- Health and Safety Awareness,
- CSCS card,
- First Aid,
- Fork Lift,
- Working at Height,
- Asbestos Awareness,
- Manual Handling,
- Harness Safety,
- Slinger signaller,
- Welding codings.
We are looking for a fitter that is incredibly self-driven and improvement led. You will have meticulous attention to detail and value making a significant contribution to a small company.
We are an established fabrication firm that has grown over the past decade. As our workload has grown and so has our team. We are incredibly proud to have such a dedicated and experienced team of fabricators, fitters, and office staff! Due to consistently high workload, we are recruiting to grow our team and keep up with demand. We pride ourselves on providing the best quality steel fabrication work and highest level of customer service in the industry. We offer a ‘one stop shop’ service to customers as we complete the whole range of steel works that might be required on a project, from structural steel work and building frames, through to feature staircases, stainless steel balustrades and finishing details.
We only employ the best candidates, we take pride in our work and our team are self- disciplined, self-motivated and have a strong work ethic. As a result, all staff benefit from a respectful working environment and excellent team ethos, ambitious projects with ongoing training and development opportunities. As a small team where each member is valued highly, we also offer a ‘human’ approach to management and operations and actively seek to ensure that we as a company are meeting the wellbeing needs of our staff.
We appreciate that recruitment is a two way process, this job is perfect for someone and someone is perfect for this job. We welcome visits to the workshop to meet the team, phone calls to address questions and informal chats with you.
Please get in touch and share with any friends or family that may benefit from a new challenge.
Sam (Westcountry Fabrication)